Friday, January 12, 2007

Those Darn Codes


“Kindly check if they already did the GR!”

“The parked documents should be removed as they will clear the OCR this week.”

“You should ask the buyer to increase the PO and put an X mark on the payment tab!”

“By next week, we should have done the MRBR.”

“Look in the MIR4, you will find what you’re looking for”

“FK03, M23N, FBLIN, ZOCR08…….”


WHATEVER

I don’t know if I am too stupid to learn all these stuffs because oh boy, I’m as lost as a kid who went to New York alone. This new job that I’ve been praying for all these time gives me a shock. I MUST be familiar with all those darn codes…codes that are quite a catch to memorize given the fact that it makes no sense.

You see, I’m those people who must know the WHY first before I can fully grasp its whole meaning. My method of learning since I was kid was to have the bird’s eye view…apart from that, I literally sweat out nerves. They just tell me that I must use this and that but were too busy to explain the rationale behind.

I love the challenge though but it seems that my superiors expect me to know all these stuffs…NOW!!

HELLOOOOO Give the new guy a bloody break!

I’m sorry for ranting but I think I will have a nervous breakdown. The guy that I replaced went to the Netherlands to train and he left me six months of pending invoices not to mention that I have current workload to juggle. I’m barely a month in this job but I feel I’ve aged since.

Oh, well! I asked for it , didn’t I?

------

BLOG BUDDIES: Just in case I wasn’t able to post regularly or visit your own blogs, still, THANK YOU for you who have dropped their bread crumbs behind and continually checks if I’m still in existence.

You always make my day.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wohoo! life seems exciting for you bro...

11:40 AM  
Blogger vic said...

Believe me you'll never get lost in New York City, her streets comes in number, going to 79th and you're on llth, 68th more and you'll find your place. Anyways, maybe the reason why I still look very youngish (officially a senior a year from now) because I worked exactly a Day as an accountant, but my niece over here love it...

10:18 PM  
Blogger Jeruen said...

Bro,

Relax. It's normal to have a period of adjustment like that. In time you'll get what those cryptic mysterious codes-that-sound-like-they're-voodoo-calls mean and master them like you're a pro yourself. We all have adjustment periods. The first week I was here in Buffalo, all I could think of was how to get back to Manila. In no time you'll be fitting in.

LIW

7:51 AM  
Blogger Susa said...

coping with things normally leads us to feel uncomfortable, even frustrated at times. but rest assured that you'd be able to do what you need to in no time. just needs a little more patience. hang in there. see the good things in all these. rant all you want if it helps but focus on what's at hand. good luck!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Julie and John Wright said...

When I get overwhelmed with something new, I think about perspective.... there it is again,

We had an insistent where we put indoor flush toilets in an orphanage, and ended up with 30 constipated kids because they were to scared to use toilet because they had never seen one before .

just remember, God will never give you more than you can bare!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha, i know how it feels. ganyan din ako kapag natatambakan ng work,. grabe mga codes, kahit ako mahihirspan i me momorize yan...

3:08 PM  
Blogger Lazarus said...

just relax jef. You can do it. It's just your transition period. Along with a nice pay is a challenging job.

For me, whenever i have a new staff, I'd tell him/her to learn as fast as possible by doing research and asking questions.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah you asked for it! hehe...

i think everybody's busy at the start of the year... we'd still be visiting your blog no matter what, just keep on blogging jef... continue to inspire and amuse us!

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

naku, easy ka lang kafatid!! kayang-kaya mo yan, ikaw pa!! gudlak sayo!

nagbalik na pala ako galing sa bakasyon ko from Alaska! yahhhhoo!!

Happy New Year!

10:49 PM  
Blogger This suzy said...

It definitely is harder to learn abbreviations if you don't know what they mean! Maybe the reason they don't explain it is either that they don't know what they stand for or that they're just as busy as you are and don't feel they can take the time. Either way, I hope it gets better!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Ayus lng yan! ako din kelangan ko mag-adapt sa bagong programming language. So far I'm coping... hehehe barely

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sa umpisa tlagang nakakalito yan, pero masasanay ka rin kapag tumagal. have a nice day!

10:13 PM  
Blogger duke said...

ey, you'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

just wanna say that i'm back blogging again.

duke

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!