Saturday, March 10, 2007

Brain Crumbs


So…it’s been a while huh!

I tried, I really do…but my banal attempt to pour out thoughts into words became a task rather than a fluid pouring of emotional release. Whoooh! That’s a mouthful but you certainly know what I mean.

The fact is I encountered glitches…hmmm…problems with work …and life in general that I dare not post for legal reasons hehe!

This past weeks has been a battle of the will and gut.

I guess for us “mere” employees, it is pretty impossible not to have been subjected by the scrutiny of a boss.

Let me put this in plain, simple English, eh… I DON’T LIKE MY BOSS!

There I said it.

I told you before how hard I’m still coping with the peculiarities of my job…well, not just me but the whole team who happens to be all newbies! Admittedly, we committed irreversible errors which has been escalated globally (meaning, our top division head abroad knew it) and from thereon, our team lead eventually changes into this proverbial “bitch” who nit pick every minor issues we committed. What has become of a very normal work turned into a burden for fear that our moment has come to be frazzled and frayed by the snow queen.

There’s learning to this though, we became more vigilant and very, very detailed on our work but the enthusiasm, I believe, just withered…

I really don’t like to sound like a saint here and I do admit that I’m still groping in the dark but my boss just doesn’t know how to motivate her people. Instead of pushing us to our potential, she talks about quitting. Instead of giving us hope to hold on, she talks about how incompetent and disappointing we were. With an arch eyebrow and a high pitched tone, the queen reigns.

It’s true, although money matters and the prestige of the job is nonetheless something to be proud of, sometimes, a satisfying job comes from the good relationship you have with your colleagues.

The only consolation I can think of right now was the training I had and still undergoing. Nobody could take that away from me, not even HER!

I’m considering of moving on, try another...but quitting is not an option…not now.

In hindsight, there will always be learning behind every trial and who knows…she and I might get along and be friends someday.

But now…I dreaded Monday!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your boss are just as pressured as you are... things may turn out okay in the end... ^_^

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand you, kuya jef. Me as well.

I've once been in an office environment with the foulandish mouth of Direk Gil Portes. And it's really hard to work wholeheartedly.

Even in our publication, during the times we've had clashes with the editor in chief in political perspectives, I turned myself off and fled to Kingdom Come.

I pray that you'll get through with it.

5:55 PM  
Blogger vic said...

Accounting bosses always on the pressure cooker. My young niece here is a property accounting manager now, and this is her uptenth job and she's giving me some hints if I could do some works in her condo, like painting and cleaning, but no can do, because she's busy at work that she just too tired to do them herself. I told her you make money, you spend it.

It's good though, she's able to accomodate a few "relatives" in her firm, of course from Alimodian.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's sad, considering you're still new to the job... arggghhh...
me, i've been so lucky to have worked with really GREAT bosses, and i miss them a LOT now that i quit being employed...
on the other hand, it's also a test of your character, and i know you'll be fine. :)

12:27 AM  
Blogger duke said...

i seldom like the people i work with. everyday i get to work with at least 1 person i don't like, and a lot of people who are not the nicest human beings. but there are just some things we need to do. just hang on in there.

6:52 AM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

sounds familiar. hehehe. that happened to me before. and now my former boss and i are friends (slight, hehehe) :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Rey said...

I dread monday too sometimes... But when you're already in it, the tasks and problem does get you going, trying things that you can use for solutions, probable or improbable.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it really happens in a work, bago pa nga yang work di ba? hopefully you all could recover from that... mas maganda nga sana if your boss is supportive of you...

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

magiging okay din ang lahat! pare-pareho lang kayong pressured at tense kaya ganyan! gudlak! God bless you always...

konting tiis pa!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back....I know exactly what you mean. Its amazing how our creativity and zest can be "stolen" by others. Its a shame. I know the person you are talking about because my immediate boss is the same way. I am in Sales, so as long as I am producing, I am able to ignore Him and put him in line. That is ONLY because I am producing. I know that the minute I falter, he will be on me like a bear on honey. Its an un settling feeling. If you take the hand off the wheel you crash. I try to work for God and my clients. I pray and hope that if I can do that well, that everything else will be OK. Hang in brother....its a tough spot....and the worst thing is that it doesnt have to be this way!
dw

4:51 AM  
Blogger This suzy said...

That's a rough one. I hope it gets better soon!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! Hirap nga nyan. I also have a boss then that I have to hit with mallet several times in order for him to believe what I say. heheh

Yeah, I agree with you that it all starts with motivation. And good motivation produces good results.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

napadaan lang... link ex?

3:53 AM  
Blogger Julie and John Wright said...

Hay Jef
My Mom always says "think of three good things"
( what so ever things are good, think on these)
#1 Remember the painting by Vadeem the orphan ....The top bid was just over $1000 and he got his new laptop praise the Lord
Now you give me two more !
I will be praying for your job situation.
Blessings John

.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey! hope you're doing okay!!! just dropping by to say elo! don't worry bwt work...everything will fall into place...:)

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope the 'setback' won't dampen your spirit.

God bless you!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like the SPAM MOnster has your number too! flippin, freekin, raser saser spam monster. Does anyone EVER click the links or go to the crappy places they suggest? I never do. But I did get tricked into pressing the "hear a fart" button. I just couldnt resist...must be a guy thing

dw

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!