Saturday, February 10, 2007

Weekend Musing

I've had it with these called "politicians."

Many of you have already watched on the boobtube how low they can get with their political ads. 30 seconds of gut wrenching and vomit inducing torture. UGH! They may sugar coat the issues and present themselves as the proclaimed Messiah of this nation but one thing remains unfaltered--they all have personal agenda which must push through even when hell breaks loose. I really don't separate now a traditional politician from that of a newbie…they all look and act alike, so what's there to distinguish anyway; they were all patterned from the same dirty old linen.

And the current trend of having entertainment clowns to join the political theatrics is nonetheless disgusting. What do they know about legislations and the legalities, not to mention complexities of passing a bill? If they have pure intentions of serving, backing out is one hell of a help. Since when did the virtue of starting out from the bottom became obsolete eh! In every field of career, you really need to start from square one to familiarize yourself with the trade. No one will be an effective accountant or an engineer by sheer whim.

Time and again, these thespians have proven nothing (save for some who really did well) but come on, would you want to be represented by a veneer, a façade of characters in silver screen? That's the problem with many Filipinos, they cannot separate the character these people were portraying and when time comes that these artist cum politician proves to be just an occupying space, they become disillusioned because these Knights in Shining Armor are nothing but eggheads.

Hay naku! Naturalmente, this nation is in deep shit. Some of you might consider me a bigot and judgmental but it's a fact, most voters are STUPID who doesn't know their right from their left, a mob whose into quick fix solutions and cannot even discern that they were being eaten alive by the most corrupt elements of the society


I asked myself…would my vote really matter?

14 Comments:

Blogger tin-tin said...

make a difference.. vote :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger This suzy said...

I know I live in a different country, but I also sometimes wonder if my vote makes a difference. Then I remind myself that no matter who I vote for, I should vote simply because I CAN. There are a lot of places where people don't get that option, so I should do go out and make my voice heard no matter how small it is. :)

3:24 AM  
Blogger vic said...

Just hope someday there will be a real strong party system where voters have a choice of installing a party to govern according to the party's programs and general agenda to avoid individual trying to outdo each other, which results in a contest of personalities.

I believe politics and governance is just too big for one individual leader to tackle, but not that insurmountable job for a Party.
Voting, even as protest vote is to exercise your Democratice rights.

Just hope someday there will be a real strong party system where voters have a choice of installing a party to govern according to the party's programs and general agenda to avoid individual trying to outdo each other, which results in a contest of personalities.

I believe politics and governance is just too big for one individual leader to tackle, but not that insurmountable job for a Party.
Voting, even as protest vote is to exercise your Democratice rights.

11:35 AM  
Blogger vic said...

sorry bout that double posting there jef. this blogger beta has some kind of temper that I have to relog everytime I post and not to lose the comment I copied and repasted and clicked it twice, hence the repetition.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup most voters are stupid and ignorant, they go for a candidate's popularity these days. and the sad thing is, instead of educating them with how to choose the right candidate, these politicians are stooping down to their level of thinking... imagine, a candidate being endorsed by movie stars?! shempre para mapapalapit sa masa. well, it might not be a big deal to others, but it just goes to show that popularity is given more emphasis than issues and platforms. so so sad...
Jef, the more reason we should vote...

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I annoy you more?

Manny Pacquiao is running.

Holy Sh*t.

---
You know what? Each time I hear or watch anything about Manny Pacquiao running for some mayoralty in GenSan, I nearly cuss all the vulgarities of the Filipino and Visayan languages. My friends share the same rage as well.

Geez.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I annoy you more?

Manny Pacquiao is running.

Holy Sh*t.

---
You know what? Each time I hear or watch anything about Manny Pacquiao running for some mayoralty in GenSan, I nearly cuss all the vulgarities of the Filipino and Visayan languages. My friends share the same rage as well.

Geez.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can I annoy you more?

Manny Pacquiao is running.

Holy Sh*t.

---
You know what? Each time I hear or watch anything about Manny Pacquiao running for some mayoralty in GenSan, I nearly cuss all the vulgarities of the Filipino and Visayan languages. My friends share the same rage as well.

Geez.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I annoy you more?

Manny Pacquiao is running.

Holy Sh*t.

---
You know what? Each time I hear or watch anything about Manny Pacquiao running for some mayoralty in GenSan, I nearly cuss all the vulgarities of the Filipino and Visayan languages. My friends share the same rage as well.

Geez.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

agree ako sa sinabi mo, sana may mapili pa tayo na matitino sa mga kandidato

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...









Ava Ramon
Karina Kay
Cora Corina
Holly Body
Courtney Simpson
April Flowers
Kathy Blanche
Hypnotiq
Jassie James
Tory Lane
Ava Ramon
Angel Ice
Ann Marie
Aspen Stevens
Kelly Kline

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...













ih-gallview-com.blogspot.com/>gallview.com

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...









33site.blogspot.com/>literotica

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...










12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!