Sunday, October 01, 2006

Diary of an Idle Mind

thursday 092806

I went to work during the scourging of the typhoon 'milenyo' which leaved the whole damn city out of power. Up until now, our place is in total blackout. Candle anyone (?)

Man, what a sight in watching the storm dance in its fury. From my desk, an arms length from the window, I could see the explosions and howling of the wind and water as if being played by God Himself.

For the first time in the history of this tower (pix on the left), the people were being evacuated on the ground floor lobby. You know why...the Tower was basically SWAYING! That's HOW strong the wind speed was. Ok, ok, we do know that the building was built to withstand super storm but the management cannot take that risk...and mind you, I was kicking my ass for coming to work.

During that time, prior to the evacuation, we were so nauseated to the point of vomiting. Our room was like a cruise cabin being tossed and frayed during a tropical storm. You can literally see empty chairs moving! Everybody was wide eyed in fear, realizing that we can be the 'headlines' of tomorrow’s news.

But praise God, at around 4PM, the storms fury subsided and our company, being the corporate badass, have no choice but to sent us back to continue our WORK! YEY [clap clap clap...sarcasm ensued]



friday 092906

No darn electricity.

Believe me, I questioned how the people in the 1800 live with just a candle to light up their night, circling to an open fire and watch tiny flickers of sooth waft in the air, blabbing on how the stupid mule cannot do the farm work, or how the pimple-faced Betsy annoy prepubescent John or how the rats populate the barn house...or...

Eek, I apologize for my wandering mind.



saturday 093006

Still, no darn electricity!

One of my officemates was robbed during that night and all her important stuff were taken [insert high end cellphone, credit card and the ATM card where our end of the month salary was being credited.]

How I hate these people who have no decency to work hard and resort instead to grabbing things...things that were produced with countless hours of HARD WORK. When caught, they justify how bad the situations were and that they are in dire need of cash. FUCK that. They are nothing but lazy bastards who want an instant dough at the expense of other people.

How I wish their testicles will be infested with throbbing warts!


sunday 100106

UGH… NO DARN ELECTRICITY...



Things to do:

1) Rant about electricity. MERALCO, where on earth are you!

2) Rant about… oh wait, I got NOTHING to do but to stare at the wall and replay in my mind the mindless conversation of Tom Cruise and Renee Zellwe…whatever...on how ‘they complete each other’ in the movie Jerry Maguire.

N.B. Don't get me wrong, I thank God that nothing bad happened to me or my fam. I only rant about minor inconveniences. Forgive the guy for being so petty :-)


Monday 100206

UPDATE: Yey, at 11 PM, we have lights again. It's true, you will never miss what you don't have...and apparently, Madame Electricity has been with me for sooo long that makes me miss her all the more.

Hope you guys have a great week ahead.

Enjoy the little blessings sprinkled along your way. Take note that its these little things we can't live without.

Be loved!

22 Comments:

Blogger vic said...

The damages of mostly infrastructures (billboards, etc) should have not happened in a 160 km storm had the civic authorities had done their job. I'd been vocal about these gigantic billboards along the roadways, that not only obstruction but structurally hazardous. Now, what now?

Electricity, a blessing for amorous couples, hehe. Hope we wouldn't be seeing many unwanted results after a few months from now.

Our very own residence, (the house, the bibz and family left mt) in brookside hill was just a few inches turning into an indoor swimming pool. That's nothing compares to the losses of lives and properties of countless families and we all hopes that the authorities will field all manpower available to look after their immediate needs. I checked all my families and relatives and all weathered the storm, but mostly complaining about the Power and Water and my advice to them little inconveniences you must bear and be thankful of going thru unscathed.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a typhoon. I'm glad you're OK. Hope you get electricity soon.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not the only one, dude. I'm going through hell as well... :-(

1:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ah yang mga bagong building sa makati may roller yan kaya nag su-swing, pero sobrang safe yan, hwag lang tumbahan ng katabing building, hehe.

malaki ata ang pinsala sa makati dahil sa sobrang daming billboards sa area na yan, although business district sya, mas maraming pasaway na billborad owners ang di nakinig sa pag-asa nung nag announce sila ng forecast. but anyways tapos na ang lahat.

buti nalang dito sa QC naibalik kaagad ng kuryente. sa inyo wala pa rin? hirap pala talaga kapag walang electricity.

naku nakuha pang magnakaw ng iba? nakupu! tsk tsk.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank God you're safe! buti na lang buhay ka pa at nakapagblog pa ng mga nangyari, hehe... :P

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i forgive you.. ^_-

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have electricity by this time. Wow it's like living in the stone ages that way.

Ganyan pala feeling sa loob ng bagong buildings na me slider sa ilalim. Kami yung office namin na asa 25th floor binagyo sa loob kahit isang maliit na bintana lng nakabukas, nabasa at nabaha pero buti na lng isang keyboard lng sa mga computers ang nasira.

Damn those robbers! Hehehe

5:51 PM  
Blogger Iskoo said...

hope meron na kuryente sa inyo, i know it is very inconvinient to stay home without electricity. sa ibang lugar nga kapag walang kuryente automatic walang tubig.. sana normalize na lahat the soonest!

9:43 PM  
Blogger This suzy said...

I'm glad you survived everything okay!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I bet the worst part of having no electricity was no internet, right? Hehe.

Seriously, I'm glad you survived and that your enormous office building didn't collapse with you inside. How scary!

....infested with throbbing warts. Eeewww, but totally appropriate. :)

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sa amin 2 days walang kuryente. buti na lang nasa central area kami ng meralco franchise. priority kasi mula north last ang south. kaya wawa yung mga taga south area. sana may kuryente na sa inyo!!

5:04 AM  
Blogger don said...

and I was upset because my power was out for 6 hours today. yikes.... The longest I ever went without power her is about 5 days. Thats when its nice to have a woodstove....especially in Winter!

be well and grin alot

6:13 AM  
Blogger Alternati said...

I get the best thoughts and ideas when there's a black-out. The absence of media makes that possible. But then again, a three day (?) one sure is too long. I would've gone out of my mind!!!

Welcome back to the 20th century!

1:34 PM  
Blogger jef said...

SIR VIC: If your calculations are correct, we may see the product of this typhoon early June next year hehehe:-)


AUREA: It was one of those tragedy that you will always remember for the rest of your life.


SNGLGUY: Ditto! I just hope that in a week's time, the whole Luzon will be back into normal.


CRUISE: Kahit matatag itong building, medyo nagdadalawang isip pa rin ako kasi nakakabahala rin eh! Pag nandito ka sa loob, wala ka ng pakialam kung matatag ba o hindi, ang gusto mo lang mangyari eh makauwi na hahaha!


CAREY: Thanks for the thought! Buhay pa naman hehehe!


YMIR: Yes Pader por I heb sind.



FERDZ: I just hope that the papers were not that confidential...and yeah, damn robbers.


ISKOO: I hope so too. Sana maging normal na uli ang buhay dito sa Luzon.



SUZY: Thanks so much, Suz! Still breathing and thank God, nothing bad happened to me.


ROXANNE: Thank, Rox! I guess the worst part of not having electricity is not the internet but not having the airconditioner or electric fan. Living in the tropics has its own shares of discomfort and one of which is humidity heheh!


JIN: Buti pa kayo at 2 days lang.


DON: I will, Don! These are just minor nuisances though. It will past...


ALTERNATI: Me too!But...I'd rather have my best thoughts when there is current though. Yey! I'm civilized again heheh.

4:14 PM  
Blogger marlbaldez said...

Hi Jef!
Marl here.
Got you through tintin.

Good to know you're AOK. Back at home I used to watch the thunder and lightning from my bedroom window. It scares and fascinates me at the same time.

PS: you got milk (of magnesium?)

4:55 PM  
Blogger jef said...

MARL: Hahaha! Thanks for droppin a note. I appreciate it a lot. Yep, I got milk here :-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger duke said...

pag mataas ata yung bilding e ginagawa nilang nagswesway ata kasama ng hangin para mabawasan yung stress. pero di ako arkitek. feeling ko lang. pero katakot nga yun.

10:03 AM  
Blogger pauL said...

congrats bro may kuryente na kayo... i cant imagine kung naging 1week yung blackout... tsk tsk... hahahaha...

wow buti ka pa asa labas nung dumating si milenyo... i was not allowed na eh kasi pauwi na parents ko nun galing makati... delikado na daw...

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sabi nga nila kapag wala dun mo lang ma re realize na importante pala, hehe

11:32 AM  
Blogger David Tellez said...

Ok, how self-absorbed am I...I didnt even know about Milenyo! Where the heck have I been for the past week?! Still, I'm glad you're alright and that you're sound and safe. And hey, if anything I guess you can say that it's been a good experience, learning how to live like a wilderness man!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Rey said...

Wow... Grabe talaga yung typhoon no? Ang tagal na walang kuryente.

Dito nagkaroon lang ng dalawang oras na blackout about two years ago, kinasuhan kagad yung kumpanya ng power plant for the billions of loses for that 2 hour standstill.

Great to see you bouncing back from the ashes, Jef.

12:37 PM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

really? it was swaying? another thoguht.. how did the people in the 1800s survive the insect bites. and the heat

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!