Wednesday, May 16, 2007

So who won?


In as much as I want to shrug politics out of my system...in as much as I want to digress my thoughts from the ever darkening situation in this country, a much bigger part of me cares. I am a Filipino. It's in my blood, Its in my soul. This is the chosen Nation where God have conspired for me to live. I must care!


As the 2007 election march in the drumbeat of political noise, I have come to wonder--who will greatly benefit from this "exercise of freedom: The answer is pretty obvious: Not US!


It is known that the biggest chunk of the voters belongs to the bottom part of our economic ladder. Uneducated and naive to put it bluntly but victims nonetheless. For a brief satisfaction to their grumbling stomachs or for the momentary relief of medicine to their sick, they cave in to the whims of those who can provide the quickest solution… not realizing that they perpetuate the robbery of resources and services which are due them.


If you come to think of it, those scums of the earth, whom we charmingly called Public Officials, desire for this status quo—to preserve whatever agenda they have i.e. they signed the automation of election on the last minute, dilly dally laws that might actually help our economic recovery and prolonged nonsense political bickering.


Senatorial candidates, whom I believe, has the best intentions for this nation trail in last while those who propagate dissentions finished first. This mirrors our degrading perception of right and wrong. Our moral structure is now deeply skewed by decades of deceit and injustice.

We should now realize that we, the people, are always on the loosing end. We suffer the most blows.

Gotta work for now, they need my tax money to reimburse whatever cost they incurred during the campaign period.

***sigh***

3 Comments:

Blogger tin-tin said...

politics.. yun lang masasabi ko

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wag mawalan ng pag-asa... ^_-

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Suited for Team Unity for those undeclared transactions detected at the BSP.

Better yet, for those who spent millions for their personal pfffting.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!