Wednesday, April 19, 2006

nothing much...

Overheard from the movie house I went yesterday

Old man: how much is "submerd"

Ticketing lady: You mean “submerged” ?

Old man: No, the one with Steven Segal on it…

Ticketing Lady: Yeah, the movie is called “submerged”

Old man: “submerd” with Steven….oh! yeah…

I wonder if how he is going to understand that film hehe!

**********


I watched Disney’s “8 Below” yesterday. A very poignant film about sled dogs whom a group of explorers led by Paul Walker, left in the middle of an Antarctic storm. The dogs survived for 6 months fending for themselves, eating a dead whale and albatross-like birds. An animal lover will surely love this film…that made me think about owning a Siberian husky someday…hmmmm!

**********

I love my feeling of independence, not that I’m socially inept or anything but there’s a satisfaction with just entertaining my own thoughts and the anticipation of reading a good book with a cup of coffee at night. I love to go out with my friends but sometimes, I opted to cancel our plans because I feel I am better off staying at home and do my personal stuffs like laundry etc.

Many people are somewhat freaked out when they find themselves being alone and all they could hear is the deafening silence of solitude but heck, I’d rather choose that one instead of the blaring sounds from a night in a bar.


**********

Just a quick joke:

Having just moved into his new office, a pompous, new colonel was sitting at his desk when an airman knocked on the door.


Conscious of his new position, the colonel quickly picked up the phone, told the airman to enter, then said into the phone, "Yes, General, I'll be seeing him this afternoon and I'll pass along your message. In the meantime, thank you for your good wishes, sir."


Feeling as though he had sufficiently impressed the young enlisted man, he asked, "What do you want?"


"Nothing important, sir," the airman replied, "just here to hook up your telephone."

adopt your own virtual pet!