Saturday, August 05, 2006

A pinch of kiddie memory


I was only five years old. I remember the time when my elder brother was sleeping. It was his great afternoon nap.

My brother [up until now I guess] usually has his mouth open while sleeping. I was pretty curious because I don’t sleep like that. Well, my evilness came into being. I decided to get a pinch of salt. So to keep the story short, I did what I supposed to do, pour the salt into his mouth.

He gagged! And I froze from where I was standing. Gathering my wits, I scram outside the house as fast as I could and saw a mango tree just a few meters away. I climbed until I saw him running but because I was no where in sight, he went back to our house.

Part of me was so afraid and part of me was so ecstatic. It was a stupid mistake but loving every minute of it. I chuckled just remembering that instance when he opened his eyes, disoriented with a funny look in his face.

I was in the tree for hours till I saw my Dad coming home. It was then that I run towards him because I knew my brother could not knock me off when I was in the arms of the old man.

I saw my brother’s stares searing like a hot iron.

I just smiled back.

15 Comments:

Blogger Jeruen said...

Hehe, nakakatawa naman ang memory mo na iyan. Sometimes naughtiness can be fun.

How many years older than you is your brother? Unlike you, ako kasi ang panganay, so wala akong napapag-eksperimentuhan. I do have a younger sibling, ang kaso, babae, so alaga ng magulang, mahirap mapaiyak.

11:36 PM  
Blogger jef said...

My brother was 8 years older. He was 13 or 14 at that time. We do have our youngest sibling or my baby bro--well, lets just say that Karma is true. What I did to my elder brothers came back to haunt me LOL!

11:45 PM  
Blogger j said...

oh you bad boy, palo sa puwet :)

12:55 AM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

bad boy ka pala. hehehe

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well at least you didn't paint his face like what a friend of mine did on his brother who was taking a nap on the sofa. He woke up with Zebra stripes all over his cheeks and forehead.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me commenting. :-)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

natawa naman ako dito sa kwento mo, kitang kita naman sayo na makulit ka talaga! hahaha joke!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so mean. Median and mode.

You know what, I think I can relate to your brother. But if I were him, I would've squished siling labuyo into your mouth.

Hehehe. ^_^

12:20 PM  
Blogger vic said...

But Jef, how did you know you don't sleep with your mouth "wide" open like your brother? he he he maybe your bro just too good for not giving you what you were dishing out..lucky you.

12:56 PM  
Blogger jef said...

Jairam: Aray ku po!

Tin-Tin: Hehehe loving that side of me.

Snglguy: If my little bro did that to me--he's dead hehe!

Cruise: Hindi ako makulit. Makulit ba ako? Hindi ako makulit!

Neil: Siling labuyo is simply mean hehe!

Sir Vic: I've videotaped myself and BINGO, I'm not sleeping with my mouth open hehe!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ang bilis mong umakyat ng puno ha.. naughty kid! hahaha.

2:08 PM  
Blogger _ice_ said...

hhahahaha kaw talaga.. anyway tnxs for dropping by... i will link you up... keep visiting...

3:13 PM  
Blogger jef said...

Ymir: Pinaglihi ako sa monkey hehe!

Ice: Sure bro! Thanks by the way. Welcome to the club!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s Thursday again – end of the week for us ofw’s here in Dubai. I am in a good mood in “browsing…surfing….reading….” so I went to your blogspot and started reading. Thanks ‘tol for featuring my Gian Marco. Then I came across your “a pinch of kiddy memory”, tatawa-tawa pa ako as I read the story only to find out na ako pala yung tinutukoy mong elder bro. Again, I remember yung kalokohan mo!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!. Bro’ it’s not a pinch of salt, IT’S A LUMP OF “NATURAL” SALT (yung parang mga maliliit na crystals). Ang alat at may bumara pa sa lalamunan ko noon. Yeah…yeah… you outsmarted me. Hahaha……

You know what?....coming December is my vacation and I am planning to give you a cellphone?...silver shadow Davidoff perfume?...wrist watch?.....cold cash?......etc.

Now tell me. Is a pinch of Dubai salt okay with you?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha………………….

5:53 PM  
Blogger jef said...

Absolutely not hehe! I would like the Davidoff though

***arms wide open to beg forgiveness***

Thanks for droppin by Manong! I really appreciate it!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!