Thursday, August 24, 2006

Random Musing

  • I just cannot help but to feel extremely frustrated when I look at the street children begging for food. Why can’t their parents be responsible enough to look after their own kids? People, just because you were given the liberty to have sex all you want, just make sure you can face any repercussion from your favorite past time activity. If you can’t handle it then better look for any alternative choice to occupy your time. Working hard is one.

  • I have this new acquaintance that I met couple of days ago. We shook hand after that meeting but he left me something special that I will never forget—a booger between my fingers, trust me I did not produce that one. I felt like vomiting when I saw it and I thought a very loooong time how to get rid of it. YEK!


  • I admire those people who say they don’t believe in God. Well, I admire their sheer audacity that’s all. It takes a lot of courage and solid boldness to be self-reliant. I hope they have a strong wall to lean on when trouble comes.

  • Let’s face it, good looking individual are far luckier. Though some of them have brains the size of their thumb, they still get promoted, get there first, and enjoy many benefits that a plain individual like me could just dream of. We are by nature attracted to shining or stand out things/people etc. If not, then showbiz should have not thrived, beauty salons could have just been a concept and fashion is just synonymous to manner.

  • I have observed that news is 10% factual and 90% BS, and I don’t mean Bachelor in Science, eh! To gather viewership, reporters rely more on empathy or emotional value rather than presenting the Who, What, Why and Where of it. Well, who could blame them, people are by nature fascinated with the touching, arousing or disturbing events. Just add a pinch of realty and wala, it’s CNN!

  • Labeling individuals belonging to a certain group is nothing but pure bigotry especially when that person committed a crime. News always state this way: A gay, black man who is a Jew murdered a Chinese prostitute. Like the details of him being gay and a black Jew has something to do with his crime. Labeling is just a worthless description, so stop it.

  • Mc Donald’s and other fast food restos should not accept orders of big mac and its combo from the already obese individuals. Sounds smug…but if you think your product will just add a level of fat again to these already ballooning customers, then as a service to them and the community, a special discounted price of salads and healthy veggies should be offered to them instead.

There it goes, my random musing from my insipid world. Any reaction, violent or constructive, is highly accepted hehehe!

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it the 'wet' kind of booger, or the 'dry' kind? :-)

5:39 PM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

yuck!!!! you didn't react? you should have!!! i'm sure if mcdo would stop serving to obese people they'll hear a lawsuit filed against them :)

5:50 PM  
Blogger Sayote said...

Hello thanks for dropping by my blog. First of all, I like the way you write. Second, the incident about the booger was both disgusting and amusing hehehe. Also, about the news being b*lls**t, well, I would have to agree with you (APIR TAYO). That's why I only watch the news in both stations if I know that there's a storm and I'd be waiting for announcements na walang pasok hehehe.. Keep on blogging :) Hope you enjoyed the pasalubong :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger vic said...

On labeling individuals; we just don't do it for these few reasons:

1. Lawsuit-could be under the violation of rights.

2. Worst-Criminal charges- under the new code (anti-hate law).

3. Or could get sucker punched, that you may not be able to label no more, or even worse could get shoot.

well when you do, make sure nobody hears it, or better still keep it to yourself. Or are we just well-behaved??

8:33 PM  
Blogger Jinjiruks said...

what's a booger? // dapat naman kasi at least once or twice a week ka lang kumakain sa fastfoods. wala ka namang mapapala diyan kundi extra saturated fats lang.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay lang kahit hindi ako gwapings pero sana drop dead super lakas ang sex appeal ko. lolz

9:48 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

On the McDonald's issue- I hadn't thought of it before, but what a good idea. It's kind of like a bartender not serving the already obvious drunk customer. Hey, it's worth a try!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yuck! i was surprised you did't give him an upper cut...or a round house or something.

8:10 AM  
Blogger jef said...

Snglguy: The dry one hehe!

Tin-Tin: C'mon, I really can't react especially when he was still there...anyhoo, I got rid of the booger.

SQ: Thanks for the compliment SQ and thanks for droppin by.

Sir Vic: We're just well behaved as an individual as I guess. Filipinos tend to be a little bit sublime but...we're good at backstabbing though heheh!

Jin: Sa Tagalog--kulangot! LOL

Roxanne: Yep, fast food companies should really think about that proposal.

Ymir: Haha! You wish...

Dennis: He's an ex-soldier so a round house of my fist is a suicidal tendency.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Rey said...

Nice potpourri of thoughts there, jef.
I for one, are angry to those parents who profuce babies like rabbit yet cannot be responsible enough to rare them decently. How they thought about this is beyond me.

12:14 PM  
Blogger pauL said...

very well said...

blog hopping

God bless!

3:10 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

Quote "...look at the street children begging for food..." Senciblity is not human nature, rutting like animals is. It is sad, but our human nature to procreate is primary, caring for young is secondary. It is why AIDs spreads so easily. Even with the knowlege of impending death, we still cant control our sexual drive.

5:03 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

and btw, your McDonald remark violates your musings about Labelling people, treating Obeses people because they dont fit into what society accepts as normal. So you would force them to be skinny, because you think skinny is more beautiful? And if they were more beautiful, will they get more stuff? I know for sure that beautiful people do have a slight advantage at first, but then after that, its based on who they are. Also, beautiful people are far less happier. They often know that they are liked for superfiaial reasons. The girls wonder if the guy really cares, or is she just a trophy. Finally, the few beautiful people that base their life on their looks often become depressed and kill them selves before they age, for fear that no one will love them when they get ugly, and they will become ugly (to themselves). So no, dont take away the fat peoples right to choose to be fat, nor their right to choose what makes them fat.

5:17 PM  
Blogger jef said...

Doc: Yeah! Thanks for correcting me for that one. I agree that I did contradict myself in the 'labelling' issue. Every man has the right to pursue his own happines, may it be for food or fun.

However, I do believe that there's a limit to every self imposed indulgence. Would I still allow a drunkard or an addict to be given their rightful share of 'fun' just because they have the right to? I don't know, but sometimes, we really need to focus to what is 'standard' to help those who deviate from such.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jeruen said...

Well said jef. I couldn't agree more. Noong nasa Laguna pa ako, I always see the people living on the railways, kung paanong 10 years ago wala pang tao noon, ngayon it is a thriving sub-community.

Grabe naman yang booger incident mo. Sana pinakita mo sa kaniya at sinabi, "Hey, thanks for the souvenir!"

And yes, good looking people are luckier. My sister who majors in psych told me of a study regarding that, apparently, we humans are naturally inclined to gravitate towards beauty.

Kaya nga hindi na ako kumakain sa fastfood since I saw that movie "Supersize Me" eh. Natakot ako.

LIW

9:17 PM  
Blogger jef said...

LIW: Yeah! masyado ng dumarami ang tao especially in places which are not conducive to put up a family.

The booger thing---filipinos are quite kind di ba? We really don't like to insult other. Backstabbing ang trip natin.

Ang beauty wise, I accepted that fact looong time ago. Beautiful people indeed are more blessed...but cursed as well nyeheheh!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

kaya pala lagi akong na po promote! hehehe. wala lang. joke.

ganti ka sa mga friends mo, bigay ka rin ng booger sa kanila...

may pic na yung farewall page ko, hehehe

1:51 PM  
Blogger jef said...

Cruise: Nakita ko na nga. Mukha nga na lagi kang nai-propromote ah! hehe! Do not leave the blogosphere. We still need you here bro!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!