Friday, June 16, 2006

Payday Millionaire

Every payday (15th and 30th of each month) many people are seemingly occupying the greater space at the mall. I remember swerving my way through the sea of people on one of this particular days and I can’t help but to smile because majority were glowing. I know it’s justifiable to be jubilant. But many were not considering the value of thriftiness. They spend away their hard earned cash with accumulating and amassing the latest fashion trends and gadgets. Well I’m talking in generality of course. The funny thing is after the fine dining and endless shopping ceased, faces that were stuck with the smiley logo few days ago are slowly transforming into a worry wart…waiting in vain for the next 15 days.

I can only smile!

Ever since I’m earning, I tried to live my life as simple as possible. Of course I do the occasional shopping but I do it out of necessity or need not out of wants. I may have the latest brands on hand but if my financial condition is borderline broke then what’s the point? What matters is your net worth. I believe that everyone must live according to their means. If you are earning a beer salary, make it sure that you must not live a champagne lifestyle.

Well…just thinking aloud!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are totally right jef. people nowaday tends to forget saving for the rainy days. worst, they sometimes spend for not so essential things.

8:12 PM  
Blogger j said...

Another great post Jef! I like the phrase "live within your means" - it's me and my hubby's rule of life.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!