Saturday, November 11, 2006

Weekend Pondering

It's a cloudy Saturday and I can only imagine how much I've become accustomed to being a hopeless romantic. Its times like these that I prefer to sit in the window and look at the drops of rain form little puddles--silently wondering what went wrong with past relationships. About how much I've traveled to the heights of emotional fulfillment and bounced back to and fro the depths of being alone—again and again.

This is also the best time to play the “what if” scenario:

What if at that time, she was also thinking about you?

What if she is staring at the same piece of sky as well wishing that you could be there beside her?

What if the breeze that silently swept her moments ago is now caressing your cheeks?

What if...

---

The following are some of the text messages I received from a good friend. It all speaks about that throbbing presence we fondly called love.





Leaving a love you've suddenly outgrown can be heartbreaking, but it also shows you're strong enough to walk away from a relationship that no longer makes you happy. Moving out of your comfort zone can be downright scary. But it also proves just how brave you are to take on the unknown...stronger...braver...wiser. You always do a little growing up every time you do a letting go.

~000~


Soulmates can never be found by grasping every hand you see and testing if your hands fit together. But it's that someone who stares back at you on the other side of life when you stare into space and lose consciousness of everything around you and feel a few seconds of what eternity means

---


Have a fulfilling Weekend!

17 Comments:

Blogger Lazarus said...

And so what if she's the right one and it was the proper time, but you let her slip away?

I asked this question to myself years ago. And I asked God to give me the wisdom to differentiate infatuation from true love.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those what ifs are great... how can i not think of it... wala lang ako sigurong romantic side... thinks* wala talaga kahit anong hanap ko sa sarili ko...

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if letting go seemed not right but it is what God planned for you?

hi, jef, sometimes we tend to nurse the ache and fails to read the meaning behind.

the quotes are beautiful, btw.

9:02 PM  
Blogger vic said...

Consider this. How many there were that some may not even visit you or you may not even come to remind you unless, by ‘happenstance’ or accident and think about the very person you are thinking at the moment, if you happen to be one of those, she or he not even remind of, for she or he might be thinking of some others. Possibility? I reminisced about one person and meeting her after so many years, she too was doing the same, but the others. Can’t even remember who I am. Gardemmit#@*..

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people go through life without ever meeting their soulmate. Some even have the bad luck of meeting their soulmate only AFTER they are married to someone else. God is indeed one big prankster. :-D

11:11 PM  
Blogger atticus said...

soulmates. call me old fashioned and a romantic idiot but i really believe there is someone for each one of us. the one whom without, we are incomplete.

nyets. romantic idiot nga ako.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jinjiruks said...

sigh. i really like the message regarding soulmates. does it really exists? pagod na ako kakahanap. kaya kung sino ang dumating. bahala na.

9:04 AM  
Blogger pauL said...

im pretty sure she always think of you. GOd bless!

5:29 PM  
Blogger tin-tin said...

tin sings: "somewhere out there, someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight..."

i guess i'm not really brave coz i don't want to leave my comfort zone

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jeruen said...

Wow. What a touching entry. I am reading it on a Monday morning in my office while sipping my Monday coffee, and I can relate to what you are talking about...

Enjoy the week ahead.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Susa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Susa said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now and i honestly enjoy myself doing that.

At any rate, I really like your thoughts about letting go and soul mates. It's hard to discern when to let go and when to hold on to something that stirs a lot of things within you. And honestly, I'm trying to figure that out right now. Knowing that I'm not alone doing that gives me some kind of solace, as weird as that sounds.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

starting to feel the sting of being alone jef? :D

be thankful for the happy times you had with someone from the past and look forward that sweeter and a more precious ones await you in the future.

just learn to wait...

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naks! Ang senti :)

I think everyone goes through that roller coaster ride of emotions somewhere in past and at some point end up being alone.

I'm sure that perfect girl is out there looking for you as well :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger atticus said...

don't worry. we always have an upgrade after a breakup. better person, better conversationalist, better thinker. all in the same person, ha? hehe.

out of the many billions of people on earth, there is one for you. we just got to have faith.

The Big Boss Up There is not mean to leave us living alone.

8:32 PM  
Blogger don said...

So here is a little story about true love. I met my wife when we were 14. We became best friends. We knew we were soulmates, yet did not pursue our relationship. When her boyfriend of 3 years proposed to her (at 19)She said NO! She loved him...he was a good man. But she knew that in her heart she loved me. When they broke up, I asked her out. We went steady ever since. We have been married 22 years. I know and am deeply convinced that we were meant for each other...that God prepared us for each other. She is my best friend and companion. I couldnt even imagine life without her.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really pleased to read this website posts which includes
lots of useful data, thanks for providing these kinds of statistics.


Here is my blog fast weight loss diets

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!